To aspire to be one of the most significant developments in Nigerian Biomedical Sciences in recent times, with the goal to understanding the biology underlying human health, driving forward better treatment and prevention of the most significant diseases affecting people today. To provide a setting that encourages creativity and use biotechnology to prevent, diagnose and be a solution to common challenges in the society.
To be a Centre of excellence that will initiate and conduct top quality basic and applied research in the health and life sciences using molecular tools in support of the university objectives. To strive to develop and sustain a multidisciplinary, talented and motivated research team and ensure the transfer of knowledge, science and technology to all relevant sectors in the service of humanity.
- To be a world class research and service infrastructure that would be a collection of the best research equipment to leverage advanced research from any relevant field in the university.
- To encourage and ensure high-impact research.
- To be high-level manpower development and support Centre for advanced research in the university, region and the nation.
- To be a robust revenue-generating entity.
- To generate new insights and knowledge about the biological mechanisms controlling cell, tissue and body function. With this acquired knowledge comes the potential to manipulate cellular processes to tackle the root causes of disease.
- Development of modern techniques for diagnosis and management of diseases from bench to bedside. Develop and transfer the newest medical, agricultural and environmental biotechnologies to improve quality of life.
- Improvement of genetic resources and production system of livestock and poultry.
- Development of appropriate skills through short duration courses and workshops.
- Dissemination of research findings through publications and conferences. Fostering linkages with relevant national and international organizations.
Mustapha Umar Imam, Ph.D.Director and Associate Professor (Department of Medical Biochemistry)
Murtala B Abubakar, Ph.DResearch Associate and Senior Lecturer (Department of Physiology)
Muh'd Bashir Bello,Ph.DResearch Associate and Senior Lecturer (Department of Veterinary Microbiology)
Kasimu G. Ibrahim, Ph.DResearch Associate and Senior Lecturer (Department of Physiology)
The Centre is located at Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital Sokoto
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, 1, Garba Nadama Road, Sokoto Nigeria.